Please specify what rear stabiliser is preferred in your order. Mast plate included in price.
Front Wing Choices
The Tracer is a medium aspect ratio front wing for ease of use & manoeuvrability, it's early to initiate flight, extremely stable under high power and high speed loading, but uniquely agile in carving, and retains good glide when the power is removed. Front wing sizes range from 1900 down to 850, and quivers can be built usually with a size in between. learning on a 1900 will bring you a 1300 as the next step down wing. The 850 and 1000 are also very capable kite foil wings.
Rear Stabiliser Choices
- 340 Moustache - The easiest and most popular rear stab. Best with the medium and larger front wings giving the most stable pitch and yaw control.
- 300 Moustache - Easy handling characteristics for smaller front wings.
- 260 Moustache - For the smallest wings and lightest riders
- 300 Arc Down - More efficient stabiliser for medium to small front wings that allows more yaw slip, works well with the Plasma.
- 260 Arc Down - Same as above for the smallest plasma and lightest riders.
Please note that the AK foils have a sliding adjustable mount on the stab so you can alter the power of the stabiliser and balance the foil according to your exact foot weighting preference.
- 71cm Fuselage - by far the most popular and not a long fuselage in the grand scheme of things. Manoeuvrable with good pitch control, it's the allrounder.
- 61cm Fusealge - shot and agile for expert use. The fastest carving and most reactive of the two fuselages, but makes pitch stability highly reactive and a handful for all but experts.
- Aluminium 60/70/80/95cm. All alloy masts need an alloy mast plate to mount to the board.
- Carbon 80,90,105 - no mast plate needed, all 0 degree.
Alloy plate angle
The AK alloy masts use an alloy plate with two different angles; - 0 degree which is the standard mounting angle - 1.5 degree, which will raise the nose of the board by 1.5 degrees for high speeds, steep waves at the expense of non foiling efficiency.
Choose Kitesurf Scotland Watersports
Our team are committed to providing you with the best service. Whether it is from sales - coaching we have it covered!